Sunday, April 8, 2007

Nancy Boy Signature Shave Cream




Some time back, I became fed up with the lack of quality shaves I was receiving from my electric razor. Although I was getting quick & relatively close shaves, I just never got that "Close as a blade" feeling. That's when I happened across my Dad's old Gillette Sensor & Williams soap. I abandon the electric with no remorse. Little did I know, that my daily shave would eventually become one of the highlights of my day.

Since getting back into the swing of shaving with a razor every morning, my routine & equipment has evolved. I have ditched the old Gillette Sensor & Williams soap & began my search for the best tools I could find. That's when I caught wind of a little shop right here in the San Francisco Bay Area called; Nancy Boy, inc. My sister works nearby & recently picked up a tub of their "Signature Shave Cream". So this morning I put it to the test.

I soaked my brush in hot water while I showered, (As always.) grabbed my trusty shaving bowl & opened up the travel sized tub of cream. The cream seemed light & airy & I immediately smelled the very light, slightly menthol scent. I read the tub for ingredients & found listed; aloe leaf, avocado oil as well as cucumber extract. it has a very pleasant scent (Which includes; lavender, peppermint & rosemary essential oils & bitter orange flower extract) that only smelled better as I began to work the cream into a lather. As I swirled the brush into the cream, the lather burst forth from the bowl the way some of my English shave creams do. Once I had created a proper lather, I began brushing it onto my face & neck. Once again, I absolutely loved the scent & the menthol feeling was very pleasant & not overpoweringly cold.

First pass with the grain & I knew I had found a winner. The cream proved to be a superior product providing excellent cushion & protection while also retaining a great deal of lubricity. My razor effortlessly glided through the two days worth of stubble which I had grown. I wet down my face again & re lathered for pass number two. This time against the grain, although against the grain can be tricky & sometimes impossible for some men, it provides me the closeness that I'm looking for. Once again, I was impressed with the way that the Nancy Boy cream performed. No nicks, no razor burn, a nice scent & pleasant cooling effect when all is said & done.

At the end of the day, it turns out that Nancy Boy Signature Shave Cream is a top notch product that deserves to be in any man's bathroom. There is no reason why I would not compare it to any of the top English creams that I have tried & would have to provide this product with my highest recommendation.

Nancy Boy, Inc.
347 Hayes Street
San Francisco, CA 94102
415.552.3802

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovin' the blog. Have to keep this product in mind for my hubbie. Thanks for the tip!!

Anonymous said...

I think that I should come over and you should cook me that chicken pesto dish and then shave my legs with your vintage razors and Nancy Boy products. Watcha think?

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

 
Add to Technorati Favorites